RECOVERY AFTER BREAST REDUCTION
Before the breast reduction surgery, the doctor gives instructions to the patient about the healing process. After breast reduction operation;
- Patients may return to their daily routine a few days after the operation,
- If there is pain after the operation, it can be relieved with painkillers,
- Most patients do not have bruising,
- Drowsiness in the breasts after the operation is normal, which is temporary,
- Patients may return to the gym three weeks after the operation,
- Patients are advised to sleep with a sports bra for three months.
Visits after Breast Reduction Operation
After breast reduction, patients should come to the doctor’s clinic for regular check-ups. These visits can be planned as follows:
1st visit: Usually 24-48 hours after surgery. The drains are removed and the dressings replaced. You can take a shower after this visit.
2nd visit: 7 days after surgery. Dr. Etoz checks the incisions and trims the sutures. Most of the sutures are dissolvable.
3rd visit: Typically 18-21 days after surgery. Incisions are checked and silicone scar treatment begins. After this visit, the patient can return to the gym. It is recommended that the patient wears an underwire bra during the day and a soft supporting bra at night.
4th visit: The third visit is 3-4 months after the breast reduction.
In addition, patients should visit Dr. Etoz annually.