RECOVERY AFTER TUMMY TUCK
Before the tummy tuck operation, Dr. Etoz gives instructions to the patients about the recovery process. After the tummy tuck performed by Dr. Etoz:
- Patients can return to work and daily routines at least 2 weeks later,
- Painkillers are prescribed for postoperative pain,
- Swelling, bruising, pain and numbness in the abdominal region are normal.
- Patients may begin to exercise slowly under the guidance of Dr.Etoz six weeks after the operation.
- Patients must wear a compression suit for one month,
- Swelling disappears completely within six months.
Visits after Tummy Tuck
1st visit: Usually 5-7 days after surgery. Incisions are checked and drains are removed. After this visit, the patient is allowed to take a shower.
2nd visit: 12-14 days after surgery. Incisions are checked. Stitches are trimmed if necessary. If Dr. Etoz gives permission, the patients can go back to their desk job.
3rd visit: Usually 3 weeks after surgery. The compression binder or garment may be removed if desired. The patients may start walking lightly on the treadmill.
4th visit: 3-4 months after surgery.
Besides, patients should visit Dr. Etoz annually.