WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR BREAST REDUCTION?
Dr. Etoz sees a lot of patients suffering from over-sized breasts. Most of these patients suffer from neck, shoulder and back pain caused by excessively large breasts. Also, excessively large breasts interfere with physical activity.
Only a well-trained and experienced surgeon, such as Dr. Etoz, can accurately determine whether someone is a candidate for an appropriate breast reduction operation. However, eligible candidates are generally as follows:
- Have over-enlarged breasts affecting daily activities, including exercise
- Have suffered from pain or discomfort caused by very large breasts,
- Women who are psychologically disturbed by the size of their breasts,
- Have no mental and physical problems,
- Have realistic expectations about breast reduction surgery,
- Women who have completed breastfeeding.
Can breast tissue grow back after breast reduction?
After breast reduction, breast tissue can grow again. This may occur due to pregnancy, weight gain, and aging. It is recommended to adopt a healthy lifestyle to maintain the result of breast reduction operations.
When is breast reduction medically necessary?
When the patient experiences medical problems such as back, neck, shoulder pain and skin infections, breast reduction is considered necessary.
Can I breastfeed after breast reduction?
It is possible to breastfeed after the breast reduction operation. However, remember that pregnancy and breastfeeding will change breast size and shape.